"We are products of our past, but we don't have to be prisoners of it." - Rick Warren.
My parents are both immigrants from Ghana π¬π. Ghana, like everywhere else, has extremely wealthy people and extremely poor people. My parents worked hard to get to America only to live a life that is essentially the same as the one they lived back home. My parents aren't perfect, and they have done a lot, thinking they were doing the right thing. But in a way, they do live up to this quote and didn't let themselves be prisoners to their past. I respect them for that and am grateful for them.
Someone told me, "Be patient with your parents because it's their first time living too." I know their parents didn't treat them well, and they just treat me how they think they should. It's just not going to stay that way with me if I end up having kids. I'm going to show them so much love and teach them everything in the world. My parents can hurt my feelings at times, but I don't think they are always coming from a bad place. I know they wanted more than the life we live, and I would gladly give them everything because I have so much love for them. It took me a few years to get to this point because it would've been a totally different story if I was typing this when I was younger. But I'm actually so grateful, and it makes me want to work harder. I just want the world to fulfill my parents' dream. While also being comfortable too, of course.
When I was younger, one of my biggest dreams was to be an architect. Architects design beautiful architectural structures, but they don't make much money. At the moment, It's looking like I'm going into the medical field, starting as a Medical Assistant, then moving to a medical specialty. I'm okay with that because I plan to have a midlife crisis. By that time, I'll have enough money to sustain the way of living I want and be an architect. If I do end up doing that, it will come with its own challenges going into a different workforce at that age. Probably won't end up doing that, but it'll always be at the back of my mind.
I also have many other dreams, and everyone should. I made backup plans just in case the main ones don't work because I have to achieve all my goals in life. I'll have a big house and a big garden. I'll also have a small barn for all my little animals π₯π πππ―π±π°. Or a compound with my siblings but far enough away from them so I'm not annoyed. Maybe by that time I'll be with the love of my life, traveling all over the world. Would be a few years until I settle down and start living in a house, though. I'll also have a job that makes me lots of money but still gives me free time for my family if I plan to have one. I know everything I dream of will come true if I try my best.
Once I get to the midpoint of my life, I really want to start actually helping others. I'll make something that can actually help people struggling. Haven't come up with a plan for it yet, but by that time I'll know.
I tend to daydream while things are going on; I dream of everything other than the topic being discussed. Dream a lot but also try to live in the moment because what if one day your dream that you have had for years has come true, but you won't know because you're focusing on the next dream. I had a random daydream where it was raining money, but the money started combining into big tumbleweeds or like bowling balls and rolling over people. It was quite odd. But maybe it's my brain trying to tell me not to be so money-hungry.
Hopes and Dreams are a part of what makes us human. What are yours?

.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment